Key Information and Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the conference being held?
The 2022 Baylor Symposium on Faith and Culture will be held on the campus of Baylor University, which is immediately east of Interstate 35 in Waco (exit 335B).
Participants will register on the second floor of the Bill Daniel Student Center, which is located at the corner of South 5th Street and MP Daniel Esplanade. All sessions will be held in the Bill Daniel Student Center.
What is the conference schedule?
A complete conference schedule is available here. Please note that we update the schedule continually, so we recommend double checking at the provided link before the conference.
Where can I find conference abstracts?
Updated abstracts are listed here.
How should I get from/to the airport/hotel/campus?
Transportation between airports, hotels, and campus must be arranged by the attendee. We regret that the Institute is unable to provide a shuttle service for all those attending the conference. If you will not be using a personal vehicle or renting a car, please be sure to check with your hotel to find out whether it provides shuttle services between Waco’s airport, the hotel, and Baylor. See our travel page for more details.
Where can I park my car?
We encourage guests to park in the Eighth Street parking garage. For a map of this and other parking lots, click here.
In addition to the Eighth Street parking garage, limited designated visitor parking is available in the lot behind Bill Daniel Student Center and in front of the Cashion Academic Center.
You may also park at the Ferrell Center and take a shuttle onto campus - all free of charge. Take the Gold Route shuttle to Speight Street Stop.
Additional parking is available in a number of lots near the Bill Daniel Student Center. You may park in any open space (faculty/staff or student) not specifically designated as reserved. Lots near the conference’s facilities include:
- The parking lot south of the Bill Daniel Student Center.
- The Fifth Street Parking Garage, west of the Bill Daniel Student Center.
- The Dutton Avenue Parking Garage, north of the Bill Daniel Student Center.
- The Speight Plaza Office and Parking Facility, east of the Cashion Academic Center.
Where do I check in?
Please check in at the registration table located on the second floor foyer of the Bill Daniel Student Center. The table will be staffed from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. on Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on Friday.
Where will meals be served?
For those who registered for meals, dinner on Wednesday and both lunch and dinner on Thursday will be in the Blume Conference Room, Cashion Academic Center, Fifth Floor.
Friday lunch will be served in the Barfield Drawing Room on the second floor of the Bill Daniel Student Center.
How long can my presentation be?
All of the sessions are 90 minutes long. Please consult the schedule to confirm how many presenters are in your session, and please observe the following time allowances. Note that question & answer time should be about 10 minutes per paper. This Q&A time may be immediately after the presentation or at the end of the session in a 30-minute block, depending on the presence of the chair.
- Sessions with 1 presenter – the presentation may be up to 60 minutes long.
- Sessions with 2 presenters - each presentation may be up to 30 minutes long.
- Sessions with 3 presenters - each presentation may be up to 20 minutes long.
- Sessions with 4 presenters - each presentation may be up to 15 minutes long.
- The balance of the 90 minutes will be set aside for discussion.
I would like to use digital slides such as PowerPoint or video clips. How should I prepare?
If you plan to incorporate a slide presentation or video clips in your talk, please note the following instructions:
- We ask that you only use the computer provided by Baylor in the room for your session.
- Bring your slides, video clips, and any other necessary supporting files on a Windows-compatible USB drive.
- No Internet- or cloud-based presentations will be supported during presentations. Assume that the computers will not have internet connections.
- Slide presentations must be PowerPoint. Keynote, Prezi, and other formats will not be supported.
- Slides with video clips in them must have the video embedded into the presentation. If you fail to embed the video into the file correctly, it may not work when you give the presentation on a different computer.
- Test your presentation using the file from the USB drive on a computer different from the one you used to create the file to be sure it works correctly.
Will there be printing or photocopying services available?
No. Please be sure to bring any printed materials with you, as we will be unable to print or copy anything at the conference.
What if I have additional questions?
Please do not hesitate to contact us at IFL@baylor.edu or (254) 710-4805.
We are looking forward to seeing you!