Bill and Roberta Bailey Family Lecture in Christian Ethics
Begun in 2014, the Bill and Roberta Bailey Family Lecture in Christian Ethics features a scholar of significant stature to speak on some issue or question that arises from within the Christian moral tradition. The annual lecture is open to the Baylor and Waco community as a way of encouraging shared reflection about Christian conceptions of the moral life.
- 2018 James Davison Hunter, University of Virginia—"Good Kids: Thinking Anew about the Moral Formation of Children"
- 2017 Thomas S. Hibbs, Baylor University—"Skills, Virtues, and the Christian University: Liberal Learning in an Illiberal Time"
- 2016 L. Gregory Jones, Baylor University—"It's Not (Only) About You"
- 2015 Candace Vogler, University of Chicago—"Christian Moral Courage"
- 2014 Paul Wadell, St. Norbert College—"Friendship with God: Embodying Charity as a Way of Life"
The Bailey Family
The Bill and Roberta Bailey Family Lecture in Christian Ethics is named in honor of Bill and Roberta (Hatch) Bailey for their family's longstanding and faithful commitment to Baylor University, to the Waco community, and to the church.